The Top 20 Best Topic Ideas For Your Biology Thesis
20 Unexplored Biology Thesis Topic Ideas To Consider
The field of biology is vast and has rapidly grown with the aid of modern technology. This rapid growth is aided by great research work. Choosing a topic for a thesis in this subject area can be difficult. Below, we have come up with some great thesis topic ideas for biology students.
- Explore the research done on cloning through the aid of stem cell research.
- Discuss the ethicality of cloning and stem cell research, as well as the implications it could have in society.
- The recent mass disappearance of honey bees has left us wondering as to its causes. Explore possible explanations for this modern phenomenon.
- Research the relationship between cancer and physical/emotional/mental stress.
- Explore the root causes of people being transgender. For example, is there a miscoding in DNA that causes them to be born a different biological sex than the one they feel?
- Explore the effectiveness of the methods currently used to reverse signs of aging.
- Explore how our exposure to certain bacteria can help aid or reduce the effectiveness of our immune systems.
- Explore how heart rate increasing stimulants affect overall heart health. (increase/decrease risk of heart attack, etc.)
- Research methods on creating artificial red and white blood cells.
- The increasingly popular “detox diet” is a diet where one eats and drinks only certain fruits and vegetables. What are the health implications or benefits of eating this way?
- Explore adaptation methods applied by animals when placed outside of their natural habitats. For example, flamingos in suburban lakes.
- Research the effectiveness of natural medicinal "cures" such as oils, herbs and spices.
- Explore how genetic diversity among dog species affects their chances of contracting diseases.
- Research how hormones used on dairy cows affect growth rates of the consumers of their milk.
- Research which types of plants introduce the greatest amount of new species to ecosystems.
- How do cell replication rates change throughout the human lifespan?
- How does genetic concentration among dog breeds affect their ability to evolve over time?
- Research the adaptation of marine life to man-made pollution dumped into the sea. What sorts of changes in species population size and variance in habitat have occurred?
- Discuss the ethicality of prescription drug medicine on children.
- How has our adaptation to an indoor lifestyle affected our ability to contract disease?